Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Laminate flooring

"DouginUtah" wrote in message
I have installed some self-locking (cherry) laminate flooring which is very
hard to keep clean.

The directions say do not use wax on it.

I wonder if anyone has used wax and what the outcome was.

I'm looking for suggestions on how to make it more "user-friendly".

Do you think that wax will keep it clean? Because these surfaces are very
hard and non porous, the result of waxing would be a very slippery floor.

Can you explain exactly what the problem is? If you simply find that dirty
spots appear, welcome to a hard floor vs. carpeting. I have had very good
luck with using the Bona floor care mop system. Bed Bath &Beyond sells the
MICRO FIBER mop and cleaning solution for about $25. The floor in out house
is all ceramic tile and a quart of the cleaner looks like it yields about 5
complete mopings. Simply spray a little on the floor and mop. I can do the
whole house in 10 to 15 minutes and because you use so little of the
product the floors are ready to walk on in about 3 minutes.

http://www.bona.com/en/US/Consumers/Floor_Care/