Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sliding mitre saw

Bruce wrote:
"George" wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
"George" wrote:

So for an extra £69 we get a slightly bigger depth/width cut.

And a "prestigious" brand name. ;-)

JCB is the logo on my electric planer doesn't mean JCB made it. ;-)

I don't regard JCB as a prestigious brand name for anything except
full-size construction plant made in JCB's own factories.

I wondered what were the origins of "MacAllister". Is it a well
established and respected brand that I just happen never to have heard
of, or is it just another meaningless brand name that got made up in a
15 minute meeting of spotty young advertising executives?

You got it in one. B&Q had two ranges of own label power tools. IIRC they
were Performance Power (light grey) & Performance Pro same livery as
MacAllister.

Performance Pro is now called MacAllister

Complete ****e IME both ranges.

A MacAllister circular saw nearly had my bloody hand off it was so badly
made.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk