Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sliding mitre saw

In article ,
fred wrote:
For those wanting a bit more capacity than the recent Aldi offering and
not having an aversion to lower cost power tools, B&Q have a 250mm
MacAllister 1800W Double Bevel Slide Compound Mitre Saw at £119, reduced
from £169.

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/na...condid=9286368

The site has a pic but no useful data.

Max cut 280 x 80mm, with predictable reductions for mitres & bevels.

If that's the one I played with in the store the other day it seemed to
not be terribly rigid. Of course the display one could have had something
loose - but it just seemed springy, somehow.

My PP one cuts 12" - and that's the minimum I'll except. I put up a lot of
shelves. ;-)

--
*The closest I ever got to a 4.0 in school was my blood alcohol content*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.