Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Can car batteries suddenly die?

In article ,
Colin Wilson o.uk
wrote:
I lent my car to my sister who had to call out a mechanic when the car
battery died, he said they can suddenly fail and sold her another one.

A mechanic in our place happened to mention that newer batteries can
and very frequently DO fail in this manner after replacing mine -
although I don't know the reasons why.

IIRC, something to do with the calcium technology used these days.

--
*If they arrest the Energizer Bunny, would they charge it with battery? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.