Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Purchasing a circular saw

Bob M. wrote:
wrote in message

I just cant imagine using a battery powered circular saw to cut a 2
inch thick hardwood plank, or even a softwood 2x12. A circular saw
demands much more power than a drill. Stopping in the middle of a cut
or coping with a blade slowing down as the battery dies, is not
anything I'd want to cope with. Then too, consider the cost of the

Maybe for you, but for me as a homeowner (and the OP), cordless
drills/circular saws/sawzalls etc are just fine. Mine are the Makita
18v lithium-ion series so battery power isn't a concern. Hasn't been in
the past three years anyhow.

Hmmm,
So how many 2x4 lumber can a cordless saw cut? Spend time swapping
battery or working?