Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Why Give Advice Here?

Oren wrote:
On Tue, 20 May 2008 03:47:18 GMT, evodawg wrote:

Some of these people should be paying someone good money for info that has
taken me a lifetime to learn and their getting it for free. Tell me why I
should be giving this info out for free?

My grandfather gave me good advice once. Boy! Come down out of that
tree. You're "gonna" fall. Sure as shift I fell out that tree a few
minutes later.

A boss asked me in 1977, what would we do, if there was a prison riot.

He explained: that what he would do, is call on the knowledge /
experience of his staff and execute the policy for emergencies.

Some time I need to talk with people that are best qualified to decide
the merits.

Give it away to keep it.

If I give someone advice on a subject that I know something about but he
doesn't, he may be inclined to post in reply to a query about a subject
that I don't know a whole lot about but he does.

Or, we could all just hoard all that knowledge that we've acquired to
ourselves. But then, how do we acquire it? By doing stuff wrong all
the time until we finally hit on the combination that works? That's an
expensive way to learn.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.