Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Great tools to use with rusty crap.

I had to repair a 164 gpm pump today that was part of a critical process.
The pump failed because a support tube rusted away. Not suprising since the
wash system is old, the solution isn't all that nice (etchant).

The Mapp gas torch is my best buddy. 6 point sockets always rule with
rusted fasteners and my parrot nosed channelocks are a lifesaver. Mr,
Hacksaw didn't get a chance at things today but he was willing. The brass
hammer and PB Blaster gets honorable mentions.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...0070921x00003a

Wes