Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default BASF Walltite?

On May 22, 2:48*pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:
"ransley" wrote in message

moisture. Foam off gasses, for how long or how much and if it can make
you sick is real hard to find out info on, remember UFFI that ruined
houses,

Not all foams off gas. *Don't make assumptions based on hearsay. Get facts

Facts from WHERE, who, not from the foam manufacturers, I put in a
whole basement and covered a house of non offgassing foil faced
foamboard from Dow that made me very sick in a month, Just installing
it got me and a contractor messed up a bit. I googled, I called, I
heard it was fine from Dow.

How many years did UFFI go in until it was banned and everyone said
it was ok, I had that crap too. Remember people removed siding to
remove UFFI, If you had a UFFI house it would not sell, remember that.
Water base probably offgasses in a few days, but Poly products? I gues
it depends on what is in them. What goes into alot of products is
nasty stuff, untested, unproven. The Amoco lab in Chicago was closed
down years ago after something like 11 of their best scientists got
cancer, my worked for Amoco and I visited this lab. What we make today
we often find is tomorrows poison. Amine? Catylyst is in some foams
and what I have heard is its bad stuff.