Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Railway ties oozing creosote

On May 20, 4:04*pm, Red wrote:
On May 20, 5:24*pm, "stu" wrote:

"Red" wrote in message

On May 19, 11:14 pm, Harry K wrote:

The "Oh my God, Creosote!!, panic, run" is/was nothing but a political
movement. Yes, you could have health problems if you chewed up and
ate enough of the treated wood but short of that, no. Same with the
dreaded "leaching".

The EPA Restricted Use Pesticides listing lists creosote as having
oncogenic effects (capable of producing tumors) and mutagenic effects
(capable of mutating DNA & causing cancer). *A political movement? *Do
I take your word it's safe or the EPA's word that it isn't safe?

Do they mention any dose or exposure level?

No, but I assume as with all products it would vary with each
individual. *Some may never be affected and other's could be affected
with minimal contact.- Hide quoted text -

I suggest you check the references that 'aussiblu' posted. Much more
valid than the opinions of the people who pushed for the ban.

Harry K