Posted to alt.home.repair
franz fripplfrappl franz fripplfrappl is offline

Default Purchasing a circular saw

On Wed, 21 May 2008 17:09:04 -0700, Bob wrote:

I need to purchase a circular saw. I just need a basic middle of the
road quality model. I like to purchase good quality items that with
proper care and maintenance will last a long long time.

I am just an average do-it-yourselfer so nothing with all the bells and
whistles is needed.

Any recommendations as to brand/model/features/durability/etc would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Get one with an electric brake. When you release the power switch, the
blade stops quickly. Also find one comfortable to hold and use. Some
saws are awkward.

Buy the best you can afford and be happy. Inferior tools don't last and
soon become a pain to use. Working with tools should be enjoyable and
not tedious.

Franz Fripplfrappl