Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Decorative columns for shed-workshop

"Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names" wrote:

-snip-
-- Now I'm looking into a Douglas fir 4X4 that may avoid the warping
and splitting that sometimes happens with PT SYP (We are living in a
rented house with a shed that has four 4X4 cloumns on the front -- two
of the four are warped and one of those has a split down the front.).

I'd take the missus down to the local architectural salvage place-
pick up a couple old turned columns from a house torn down- refinish
them and collect whatever favors were due me. [Lowes sells them new,
but that would be too easy.]

Round columns eliminate twisting- old [usually] eliminates splitting-
and they'll have some character.

Or I could maybe talk her into some nice wrought iron columns that I
could plant some vines on. ['I could build them myself, honey in the
new workshop. . . . just need a couple tools is all. . . .']

Jim
[oh- and BTW. . . 'you suck' for having an empty 16x20 shedg]