Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peale Peale is offline

Default Old Rejuvenator - Sencore CR143 - Make an adapter?

A buddy of mine gave me a Sencore CR143 a while back.

This thing is a dinosaur - last made in 1970. It's so old that the tubes
given in the manual are mostly black and white. 15 pages of BW tubes, vs
*3* for color.

There is a color adapter, and since I'm 99% I'll never use it, I've
sacrificed it to make a socket that'll work with most arcade tube - in
the realm of a B&K Socket 23.

So I cut the wires off the original socket, and I'm matching them up on
the socket I'm going to solder to. Except....

On the old one I've got RGB G1, and RGB G2. On the newer tube I only have
Green G1 and G2, the others are RGB *K*. And then there's G3, G4 and G5.

Am I just deluding myself that I'll be able to use this rejuvenator on a
more modern tube?