Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.photo.digital,misc.consumers.frugal-living,rec.video.production
D D is offline

Default Sony HC5E low frame rate in low light

On May 22, 11:19*am, "Michael Kennedy"
wrote:
"D" wrote in message

On May 21, 6:18 pm, ransley wrote:

On May 21, 7:02 am, D wrote:

On May 21, 3:54 pm, ransley wrote: On May 21,
5:30 am, D wrote:

Hello!
Why does a panoramic video (in an evening or inside a building, shot
by Sony HC5E camcorder) look like the frame rate is about 10 fps? My
11-year old JVC VHS-C camcorder never had this problem, the video
was
always fluid.
Best regards,
Dima

Im sure the manual will tell you if you read it, but I guess its a low
light mode and it probably is indicated on the screen

Thanks for replying!
No, it's not the low light mode. I do not enable it and it is not
indicated on the screen.

You said panoramic is that a special wide mode, if its new take it
back, sony manuals are junk, and I found options even Sony support did
not even know that are not in my manual, that I could shoot stills
while taking video on an old unit. They have so much new stuff out its
hard to know all the operating parameters on every model. Keep looking
you will figure it out, but color slow shutter may be automatic and
its on with Night Shot on mine- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Mark for replying!
Panoramic video means that you turn a camcorder around its axis during
recording.

snip

What?? If that is the actual function setting, it makes no sense at all to
have such a setting. You could do the same thing with any video camera. Are
you sure it is not a wide screen setting?

Mike- Hide quoted text -

Thank Mike for replying!
What "function setting" do you mean?
I meant panning shooting by a panoramic video.
I use wide lens angle usually during panning.