Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson Brian Lawson is offline

Default Suggestions on 'dumbwaiter design'

On Wed, 21 May 2008 09:28:33 -0500, Randy wrote:

Bill

I used to work at a plant that had a hydraulic freight elevator,
cylinder was under the car, not telescopic either, went 3 stories
straight down. As far as I was told the only safety there was, was an
orifice in the bottom of the cylinder, if the line broke the elevator
would fall at a normal rate since that was the smallest restrictor in
the hydraulic system. BTW it was a 12,000 # elevator.

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Known as a "hydraulic fuse" in the trade.