Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael[_10_] Michael[_10_] is offline

Default Play Button Sony Cassette Boombox (CFD-G500) Broken

On May 21, 10:36 pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:
On May 21, 2:49 pm, Michael wrote:

Mr. Cook: Thank you kindly for supplying the links to information. Mr. Hoffman unfortunately I am not even slightly mechanically inclined.

I guess part of this post was to express surprise (1) that an
important component (the Play button) of a Sony product not abused
didn't last more than 2 1/2 years; and (2) that Sony gives consumers
extremely limited options for repairing these things, a repair that
Mr. Hoffman indicated would be simple for even a moderately skilled
repair person (let alone a Sony factory trained facility that I could
drive to).

Again thanks for the feedback.