Posted to uk.d-i-y
robgraham robgraham is offline

Default 2 gang pull cord

On 19 May, 22:37, Andy Champ wrote:
Lobster wrote:

Particularly if the bathroom wall is of a stud partition construction,
it's usually a doddle to mount the switch in the same position on the
*outside* wall of the bathroom.

David

... whereupon your children decide it's a great joke to turn off the
light when you're in the bath.

All this auto stuff is all very well except for the pee in the night
case. Sometimes you do NOT want it coming on, because of the noise.

Andy

I'm slightly surprised that none of you have found the ideal
combination (IMO) - the humidity sensed fan with its own momentary
pull cord. I got such a thing off Ebay some 5 years ago for something
like £30 and it works excellently. It's got a label 'RDL' on it.

This does of course require your fan to be near the pan such that the
cord hangs nearby and you are reminded therefore to use it!

Rob