Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob M. Bob M. is offline

Default Purchasing a circular saw

"Bob" wrote in message
I need to purchase a circular saw. I just need a basic middle of the road
quality model. I like to purchase good quality items that with proper care
and maintenance will last a long long time.

I am just an average do-it-yourselfer so nothing with all the bells and
whistles is needed.

Any recommendations as to brand/model/features/durability/etc would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

Regardless of brand, get one where you can see the blade without leaning
over the saw. My cordless Makita is like that and that feature is a
must-have. (for a right-handed user, the blade is to the left of the motor)
I don't know why other saws don't do this. Some do, but all should.

Consider a cordless too, as they are much lighter. More expensive, but
easier to maneuver. I have both, and the corded unit hardly gets used.