Posted to alt.home.repair
Smarty Smarty is offline

Default Dryer or vent clogged, how can I figure it out

Harbor Freight sells a very nice dryer vent cleaning brush designed to fit
into a 3 to 4 inch duct and has a 10 foot long flexible but sturdy wire
shaft and handle. It did a great job for me cleaning out a very hard to
access duct. For under 4 bucks I very highly would recommend it. See link
below:

Good luck and hope this helps,

Smarty

"aemeijers" wrote in message
Norminn wrote:
Znott wrote:

Just moved into townhome and the dryer doesn't dry a load of towels on
high heat within the maximum time, 50 minutes. For troubleshooting
purposes, what should I look for and/or tests that I should do to tell
if it's the dryer or if the vent is clogged?

I would start by checking the filter. Then check outside end of the
exhaust - if there is a screen
on the outlet, clean it. If not screen, reach in and try to find
blockage. You can even get bird nests
in them. How long is the exhaust? Straight out the wall?

Rueful chuckle. The silly twit previous owner of this house put the
exhaust through a basement window, UNDER the 18" tall deck. So unless I
cut a hole in the deck, or crawl under there and fight the spiders and
such, I can't get to the outside cover.

--
aem sends...