Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
GeoLane at PTD dot NET GeoLane at PTD dot NET is offline

Default Changing rotation on electric motor

"Andy Asberry" wrote in message
.. .
The three horse motor on my compressor died. I've had this big 5.5 hp
Marathon for just such an occasion. It is 230v 1ph 215T frame (if that
matters).

I've downloaded Marathon's installation and operation manual. Under
changing rotation, it says follow the diagram on the motor. Surprise,
surprise. No diagram. All wires are numbered. It is currently running
CW.

Any help from the gallery? I have new breakers!

--Andy Asberry--

T5 and T8 are the leads to the start winding that controls the
direction of rotation.

Near the end of this article is the most of the information you're
looking for. Look at the diagrams, read the trouble shooting section
at the end.
http://www.metalwebnews.com/howto/el.../elec-mtr.html

RWL