Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Dryer or vent clogged, how can I figure it out

On 21 May 2008 13:03:01 -0500, Znott wrote:

Just moved into townhome and the dryer doesn't dry a load of towels on
high heat within the maximum time, 50 minutes. For troubleshooting
purposes, what should I look for and/or tests that I should do to tell
if it's the dryer or if the vent is clogged?

Turn it on and feel over the exhaust. All vents should be
periodically cleaned out to increase efficiency and prevent fire. The
tool I use is a garden hose (no water!) with a wad of rags
rubber-banded to the end. It helps to have another person near the
dryer to turn it on/off--be careful or you might get a faceful of
lint!