Posted to alt.home.repair
gpsman gpsman is offline

Default Dryer or vent clogged, how can I figure it out

On May 21, 2:03 pm, Znott wrote:
Just moved into townhome and the dryer doesn't dry a load of towels on
high heat within the maximum time, 50 minutes. For troubleshooting
purposes, what should I look for and/or tests that I should do to tell
if it's the dryer or if the vent is clogged?

Define: "load". A lot of people, SWMBO included, think a load
consists of "as much as I can cram in the washer" (so I do the
laundry).

Define: "dryer". Is this one of those little stackables apartment
sized units?

If the exterior dryer vent door is blowing open (or upon disconnecting
the dryer vent hose a sizeable amount of air is being discharged), and
the load is getting "hot", there's likely a short between the laundry
basket and the washer.
-----

- gpsman