Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Why not nails?

on 5/21/2008 4:05 PM charlie said the following:
"IGot2P" wrote in message

On May 21, 11:46 am, Jim Yanik wrote:

"JC" wrote
. com:

A friend was talking to my wife and said "I wouldn't install those deck
boards with a nail gun, I'd use screws instead".
The wife didn't think to ask why not so I will. Why not?

deck boards move due to outdoor moisture and temperature changes and the
nails pop out. Screws will not pop out.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

My screws are slowing backing themselves out. Some move almost 1/4-
inch/year.

Freaky.

Dave

It is caused by the rotation of the earth. :-)

do they drive themselves in in australia?

No, in Australia, it's lefty-tighty, righty-loosey.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY