Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] bennet@bennetwilliams.com is offline

Default Dryer or vent clogged, how can I figure it out

On May 21, 2:36Â*pm, " wrote:
On May 21, 2:03�pm, Znott wrote:

Just moved into townhome and the dryer doesn't dry a load of towels on
high heat within the maximum time, 50 minutes. �For troubleshooting
purposes, what should I look for and/or tests that I should do to tell
if it's the dryer or if the vent is clogged?

disconnect vent, run load vented to room leave window open......

if it drys ok its the vent

you might try usinmg a shopvac as a blower to clear the vent. have
someone outside watch for dust cloud.

just recently i had the slow dry problem....

turned out the flexible duch had a low spot filled with condestated
water that must of blocked the line.

i picked up the line and got a arm full of water, so look for low
spots.

vacuumn out the dryer vent while you have it apart

Exactly right.

I had the same problem a few years ago. I disconnected the vent hose
and the towels dried fine (although the room was very humid). I
tracked the problem to a bird's nest just inside the outlet port.
After relocating the nest to a nearby tree, I installed a bird-proof
outlet cage.

BRW