Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Dryer or vent clogged, how can I figure it out

"Znott" wrote in message
news
Just moved into townhome and the dryer doesn't dry a load of towels on
high heat within the maximum time, 50 minutes. For troubleshooting
purposes, what should I look for and/or tests that I should do to tell
if it's the dryer or if the vent is clogged?

You don't specify if it's gas or electric, but first I'd determine if it's
heating sufficiently. If so, I'd disconnect the vent hose from the machine
and look for lint. I'd also trace the vent hose to it's outside location and
make sure the outlet port is clean. They make tools to clean out vent hoses
but it may be easier to just replace it, if necessary