Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why not nails?

"JC" wrote in message
m...

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"JC" wrote in message
m...

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news In article ,
"JC" wrote:

A friend was talking to my wife and said "I wouldn't install those
deck
boards with a nail gun, I'd use screws instead".

The wife didn't think to ask why not so I will. Why not?

I'm not your wife's friend, so I can't speak for that individual. I
used
screws on my deck because they look better, can be easily countersunk,
don't split the wood, and allow for easier removal when I want to
replace a board, or remove one or more boards to deal with an issue
under the deck.

Good points all but I just finished the deck with nails. I just like
that macho feel when that nail gun goes bang. I used ring shank so maybe
they won't pop and if I have to remove a board I'll just grind the head
off.

You'll really love the macho feel when the head of a nail snags your
skin.

Just so you can have that great "I told ya so" feeling, when it happens,
I'll report it right here.
--
I'm JC and I approved this message.

I'm the king of worst case scenarios. You'll snag your shoe on a nail, trip,
and your head will hit a clay planter, which will shatter, and a sharp edge
will cut the veins in your neck. One of your kids will find you and scream,
which will bring the dog running out to see what's up. Both kid and dog will
spend the rest of their lives in therapy, like Woody Allen.

All because you used nails.