Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet[_2_] James Sweet[_2_] is offline

Default APC Smart-UPS does nothing after non-use

clifto wrote:
Brian wrote:
The UPS then worked normally! So yes, as the early responders answered,
it was simply dead batteries. Will recycle the old ones, and keep the
UPS plugged-in continuously so that hopefully these new batteries will
last a long time.

Keep an eye on that thing. DO google the SmartUPS 700 for experience stories.
If the batteries ever significantly discharge (i.e. more than a few minutes
off mains), I highly recommend you put new ones in rather than trust the
used ones, based on my experience. Mine is off line and scheduled for
destruction and recycling.

I'd buy it. Nothing that a few mods can't correct.