Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Budget Petrol Mower Recommendations ??

On 2008-05-21 23:30:43 +0100, Adrian C said:

Stephen Howard wrote:

Have you checked your local tip?
It's lawnmower season, and my local tip often has a fine selection of
mowers in various states of disrepair.
I bought a 20" Honda powered job ( broken handle ) and an 18"
somethingorother with a 375 B&G motor on ( broken handle, again ).

Five quid each.

You are *very* lucky your local tip has the foresight to resell these
items. The council for where I live has strict rules prohibiting anyone
other than tip staff from removing dumped items for keeps. The crap
inside your car virtually becomes their property the moment you drive
in through the compound gates. :-(

I could get a job there I suppose and 'feast' on the spoils but the
smells there are something else... and it's located right next door to
a major frozen Pizza factory that supplied Waitrose etc... Oh yum :-|

They should sling them over the fence and cut out the middle man.