Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Timber, where

On 2008-05-21 20:15:26 +0100, "Steve Walker" said:

wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
wrote:

Just bought a pile of timber from a shed due to needing it right
away. Bleepin ell the cost. Anyone recommend any ways to get timber
for less than usual? Dont have any tees to saw .

Scary huh!

Of the sheds, Wickes is usually slightly cheaper than most of the
others (if you don't mind banana wood!). A timber merchant will
sometimes be a bit cheaper again though[1].

[1] Potentially quite a bit cheaper if you are buying in quantity.

Hi John

Yes, I went to wickes as its the cheapest of them by a fair way,
sorted through the bananas, but the total at the till was still eye

What do the sheds actually *do* with the bent rubbish?

Every time I go to
buy a lump of timber I have to search past a load of boomerangs which
nobody's going to buy, so they must periodically burn it or something?

They put it to the front of the rack in the hope that the next punter
will buy it without looking. This is called merchandising. These
people learn it from discount supermarkets where the newer food is put
to the back and the older to the front.