Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Bonner Martin Bonner is offline

Default Sliding mitre saw anyone?

On May 21, 1:02 am, Bruce wrote:
"George" wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message

I've been using my plain vanilla mitre saw to cut skirtings and I get
irritated by the fact the saw misses just a little bit at the corner.
Now I need to decide whether it is worth £50 minus 1p to remove that
irritation ...

Hah! you didn't pay attention to your woodwork teacher at school. ;-)

That's because my school didn't teach woodwork or metalwork, despite
it being a legal requirement.

Really? I thought that prior the national curriculum, the only legal
requirement was religious education (which could be opted out of by
the parents).
One of many serious disappointments about that school!

Still, I did get O Level Latin,

Which makes it unlikely that you were educated in the days of the
national curriculum :-)

(Actually, I am assuming that the school was in England or Wales. I
believe that some schools abroad still do O-levels)

so I suppose I should be grateful for
that. Rarely has a day gone by since then without me saying to myself
"I am so glad I did O level Latin, so I am."