Posted to alt.home.repair
JC[_2_] JC[_2_] is offline

Default Why not nails?

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"JC" wrote:

A friend was talking to my wife and said "I wouldn't install those deck
boards with a nail gun, I'd use screws instead".

The wife didn't think to ask why not so I will. Why not?

I'm not your wife's friend, so I can't speak for that individual. I used
screws on my deck because they look better, can be easily countersunk,
don't split the wood, and allow for easier removal when I want to
replace a board, or remove one or more boards to deal with an issue
under the deck.

Good points all but I just finished the deck with nails. I just like that
macho feel when that nail gun goes bang. I used ring shank so maybe they
won't pop and if I have to remove a board I'll just grind the head off.

Thanks for the responses.

--
I'm JC and I approved this message.