Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Sink Waste Pipe T

On Wed, 21 May 2008 01:44:32 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be AJ
wrote this:-

Basically I want to run a new sink waste pipe into an existing sink
waste pipe. The existing sink waste pipe runs through the bathroom
into the soil stack. the existing sink is in a room next to the
bathroom. Previously there was another sink waste pipe for the
bathroom sink but this cannot be used in the new setup because the new
furniture

You may find that the pipe run from the new sink is too long for the
fall and thus causes siphonage, both at the new sink and at the
bathroom one. This is indicated by gurgling in the traps. One cure
for this is to increase pipe sizes, another is anti-siphonage traps.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh