Posted to uk.d-i-y
DM DM is offline

Default Sliding mitre saw anyone?

Andy Dingley wrote:
On Tue, 20 May 2008 23:08:54 +0100, Bruce wrote:

Thanks! That gives me four days to find out what a sliding mitre saw
does, and work out why I might need one someday.

It does that which a non-sliding chop saw doesn't, and thus makes it
almost useless.

I'm about as extreme as Andy Hall when it comes to avoiding tools that
are any less than stellar in performance - but I'll be buying one of
these. 50 quid for making chicken coops in half the time? I'll have
some of that. 30mm bore on the blade too (unusual), so you can easily
find blades for it.

Andy do you want to try writing this again, or was every sentence meant to
be contradictory?

I'm sure you know what you meant to say, but it is difficult to interpret
anything from it.

cheers