Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Timber, where

In article ,
Bob Mannix wrote:
The other problem is "variable" (euphemism for crap) quality you get at
sheds. Echoing what others have said, I would go to a local timber
merchant. Quality better and consistent, often cheaper plus you can get
PFS[1] which you can't at a shed.

You have to know what you're doing, though, as many yards will unload
their crap on a newbie. Examine what they're offering and complain if it's
not up to standard. At least in a shed you can select the best of the
stock.

Wicks may also do a deal on substandard stock - I wanted some CLS of a
particular size where one end of all their stock was bent. But enough of
it straight for my purpose. Got it at half the marked price.

--
*Don't use no double negatives *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.