Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington David Billington is offline

Default Do you wear Shorts while Working?

Jim Stewart wrote:
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 18 May 2008 17:14:48 -0400, Wes wrote:

Ries wrote:

If the anti-shorts attitude is muslim then they seem to already have
infiltrated OSHA, as well as virtually every city and state building
department, and most major construction companies- because on
virtually every major construction site I have worked on, the
christian, captialist running dogs tell me exactly the same thing- NO
SHORTS!

Our production employees running cnc's can wear shorts. The
maintenance
staff can not. But then the office staff prances around the shop
w/o steel
toe shoes while all the plant not on the air conditioned side of
the wall
must.

The office spaces must be quiet so people can think while
inspectors on the
plant floor are sitting next to noisy test cells and ghetto
blasters run
wild emitting way over the 85db where mandidory hearing conservation
programs must be enacted. Turning down the fcuking boxes seems to
be the
one thing management runs away from.

Wes
Ranchereo music or "American" music? (Rap included)

When they turned up the crappy music on the PA system where I worked
I put a pair of back to back 1N4004 diodes across the 25 V speaker lines
and cause severe distortion all over the production floor. They couldn't
figure out what was wrong, but discovered t still worked OK when the
volume was turned back to where it used to be.

Nicely done.

Way back in my youth when I was a lowly bench
tech, we had an engineer that gave us fits.
An arrogant, tool-stealing asshole. We eventually
moved to a new facility and I was assigned to
install the new pa system. I put a speaker
directly over his desk and tapped it to be about
4x louder than all the others...

Reminds me of the film "Mr Roberts" with Henry Fonda and the overhead bit.