Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Sliding mitre saw anyone?

On 2008-05-20 23:31:06 +0100, Bruce said:

"George" wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
"George" wrote:

Sunday the 25th
http://www.aldi.co.uk

Thanks! That gives me four days to find out what a sliding mitre saw
does, and work out why I might need one someday.

;-)

Simple anwser to that is...

Lets suppose you want to lay decking ie 200 pieces need cutting to size,now
that would mean alot of effort with a hand saw.

Sure we can just buy a conventional chop saw but at the same price you can
buy a cheap chop saw we have the oppertunity to buy a sliding mitre chop saw
which will cut deeper and wider than the chop saw.
;-)

Thanks George, that was quick!

I've been using my plain vanilla mitre saw to cut skirtings and I get
irritated by the fact the saw misses just a little bit at the corner.
Now I need to decide whether it is worth £50 minus 1p to remove that
irritation ...

Not really. You will simply replace it with another irritation when
you discover that cheap SCM saws are not capable of repeatable and
consistent cuts without resetting and checking before each one.