Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Timber, where

John Rumm wrote:
wrote:

Just bought a pile of timber from a shed due to needing it right away.
Bleepin ell the cost. Anyone recommend any ways to get timber for less
than usual? Dont have any tees to saw .

Scary huh!

Of the sheds, Wickes is usually slightly cheaper than most of the others
(if you don't mind banana wood!). A timber merchant will sometimes be a
bit cheaper again though[1].

[1] Potentially quite a bit cheaper if you are buying in quantity.

Hi John

Yes, I went to wickes as its the cheapest of them by a fair way,
sorted through the bananas, but the total at the till was still eye
watering.

Trouble with freecycle is people only give away small amounts of
timber at a time, and collection costs plus low goods value make it
not usually worthwhile. Then they tend to divide lots among people
making it no use. If someone would just give me a few hundred
quid's worth of timber I wouldnt complain

NT