Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default Sliding mitre saw anyone?

"George" wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message

Thanks George, that was quick!

I've been using my plain vanilla mitre saw to cut skirtings and I get
irritated by the fact the saw misses just a little bit at the corner.
Now I need to decide whether it is worth £50 minus 1p to remove that
irritation ...

Hah! you didn't pay attention to your woodwork teacher at school. ;-)

That's because my school didn't teach woodwork or metalwork, despite
it being a legal requirement. One of many serious disappointments
about that school!

Still, I did get O Level Latin, so I suppose I should be grateful for
that. Rarely has a day gone by since then without me saying to myself
"I am so glad I did O level Latin, so I am."

Pack it up on a scrap piece of wood.
Also when cutting a piece of wood put a scrap piece of wood behind
it...stops the other side of the wood getting splintered.

Thanks. These are basic things that I could easily have learned in a
woodwork class.