Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Do you wear Shorts while Working?

On Tue, 20 May 2008 09:35:51 -0700, Jim Stewart
wrote:

When they turned up the crappy music on the PA system where I worked
I put a pair of back to back 1N4004 diodes across the 25 V speaker lines
and cause severe distortion all over the production floor. They couldn't
figure out what was wrong, but discovered t still worked OK when the
volume was turned back to where it used to be.

Nicely done.

Way back in my youth when I was a lowly bench
tech, we had an engineer that gave us fits.
An arrogant, tool-stealing asshole. We eventually
moved to a new facility and I was assigned to
install the new pa system. I put a speaker
directly over his desk and tapped it to be about
4x louder than all the others...

Sitting at a stop light today, I noticed that the Honda Civic in front
of me had it's brake lights dimming in sequence with the cyclic bass
emanating from the body panels
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada