Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default Sliding mitre saw anyone?

"George" wrote:

"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .
"George" wrote:

Sunday the 25th
http://www.aldi.co.uk

Thanks! That gives me four days to find out what a sliding mitre saw
does, and work out why I might need one someday.

;-)

Simple anwser to that is...

Lets suppose you want to lay decking ie 200 pieces need cutting to size,now
that would mean alot of effort with a hand saw.

Sure we can just buy a conventional chop saw but at the same price you can
buy a cheap chop saw we have the oppertunity to buy a sliding mitre chop saw
which will cut deeper and wider than the chop saw.
;-)

Thanks George, that was quick!

I've been using my plain vanilla mitre saw to cut skirtings and I get
irritated by the fact the saw misses just a little bit at the corner.
Now I need to decide whether it is worth £50 minus 1p to remove that
irritation ...