Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default 2 gang pull cord

On Tue, 20 May 2008 19:31:47 UTC, "ARWadworth"
wrote:

Did you go and watch the Lancaster over the Derwent on Friday? A Stitfire
and Hurricane as extras.

I wish... would have probably done so if I'd known about it before it had
happened! (and yes, that was why the Lancaster was in my mind)

Call me lucky but I was in Sheffield that morning. I went to watch it. Three
fly overs from the Lancaster.

We had a fly past (twice) from a Lancaster three or four years ago; I
forget the occasion. But it flew past very low, along the coast, and we
were on the high part of the seafront. It was *really* close!

(Herne Bay in Kent; many will know why that's significant).

Incidentally, there was a double page picture of a Lancaster cockpit in
the Mail on Sunday this week. My son would like a poster of this sort of
picture; anyone ever seen any?

http://www.diybanter.com