The Natural Philosopher

Default Does an exiting chimney require a flue liner?

Steve Firth wrote:

Tony Bryer wrote:

In article , The Natural Philosopher wrote:

If the property is pre 1567, you are allowd to use a flexible
flue I think - check with buildng inspector.

If it's pre-1567 TPTB won't let you do anything!

Err well... the LBO actually insisted that flue liners have to be fitted
in our building (1726) and to our neighbours which is 16thC but I'm not
sure exactly what date. So I think on balance they'd rather have a
non-original "feature" than risk the damage done to the structure by
flue gasses.

Red faced and stuttering apoligies the Natural Philosopher muttered
#
er...s/5/9/
:-)