Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default 2 gang pull cord

ARWadworth wrote:

"Lobster" wrote in message
George wrote:
"David Hansen" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 May 2008 03:05:14 -0700 (PDT) someone who may be
" wrote this:-

However ISTR the new 17th Ed wiring regulations permits conventional
wall switches in bathrooms,
The 16th and earlier editions also permitted wall switches, provided
they were out of reach of someone using a bath or shower (which
generally means a big bathroom).

Another alternative is a moisture sensitive extraction fan.
Useful if the aim is to extract moisture. Personally I think the are
an excellent idea in such circumstances, provided people are willing
to open the window when necessary as well.

What are you on about humidity sensor? when you have a crap the place
stinks
hence the fan coming into action when you park your bottom on the
toilet...whats the use of the fan not operating when the room is not
humid
enough to operate when you're having a crap?

My parents have a motion sensor attached to their extractor fan, which
makes a noise like a Lancaster bomber taking off.

Did you go and watch the Lancaster over the Derwent on Friday? A
Stitfire and Hurricane as extras.

I wish... would have probably done so if I'd known about it before it
had happened! (and yes, that was why the Lancaster was in my mind)

David