Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty Banty is offline

Default Custom carpenter needed

In article ,
cleo924 says...

I need a high-end custom carpenter (not a handyman or "regular"
carrpenter) for a unique custom job in my home. Thanks.

I wanted a kitchen table and bench custom made with tile inlay. (Seriously.)

What I did was to look on the internet, using my state name (New York State),
common parlance for my region in that state ("Hudson Valley") and "custom
carpentry". On Yahoo I got a hit for several; most had galleries of their work
on display on their websites.

I called the one that had a custom tile-top table in his gallery, which showed
me he had, or had access to, both of the two skills I needed (tiling as well as
custom carpentry).

The result is fantastic, hard maple with two contrasting stains and tile inlay,
and under the price of the higher-end kitchen tables I was looking at. There
seems to be a big jump in price and quality between furniture store-chain tables
and higher end tables. The price I got this totally custom table and bench was
just above the chain store prices.

So thats the route I recommend.

Banty