Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Homeowner's ins. for old house: where get info?

wrote in message
I've got a contract to buy on a house; I'm a first-time homebuyer. I
wanted to get some homeowner's insurance quotes because I'll need it
to get a loan (and want it anyway of course). I went online, and the
insurance companies ask all these questions about when the last
upgrade was made to the wiring, plumbing, etc. (I do understand why
they'd want to know that stuff.)

Where is the best place to get that info? The home inspector? The
appraiser? Or the seller?

TIA,

Instead of on line, go to a real insurance agent. They can give you all the
help you need. Every town as a couple of them, real people, not just a
computer. You'll be amazed at the help they can give you.