Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need cement for fastening screw into concerte

On 5/19/2008 1:03 PM spake thus:

On Mon, 19 May 2008 04:09:37 -0700 (PDT), Lou
wrote:

What kind of anchors came with the railing?

They are called "machine screw anchors".

I DID tighten then very tight. In fact I found a few of them were
spinning in the concrete when I was tightening them, so I did not put
much faith in them right away.

I just did a web search to find a photo of these things. Here they
are.
http://www.concretefasteners.com/anc...rew/index.aspx

That page tells me that a "setting-tool [is] required to set anchor".
Did you use one?

conversation with the average voter.

- Attributed to Winston Churchill