Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
JR North JR North is offline

Default Structural Folds or Creases in Aluminum

Of course a backyard builder could do this. You just need to fab up a
big bead roller with some V dies, perhaps a set of them with
increasing depth. A big bar to turn the thing and a couple beer buds
to help keep the panels feeding straight, and it'd be a piece of cake.
Sort of...
But...once you bead them, they won't exactly be accomodating when
trying to curve them to a boats fair line.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

On Mon, 19 May 2008 12:23:56 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

I have been looking at aluminum boats for the last couple years now with an
eye towards how they are built. I have noticed a lot of them will have 'V's
folded or stamped into the hull along the length for strength. I don't see
anyway that a backyard builder could do this practically. How could I
achieve this? Would it simply be better to just build a full internal frame
in both directions?

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Dependence is Vulnerability: