Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default Leveling a washing machine and keeping it level

On May 19, 1:36*pm, "Bob" wrote:
I am having difficulty keeping a washing machine level in my basement. By
necessity it needs to be on an uneven surface. I am using a board on one
side and rubber furniture floor pad on a couple of other sides. I am able to
have the machine level both in front and back and on the sides.

However after a few loads(especially an unbalanced load), the machine comes
off the board and/or the pads.

The washing machine is used by my renter(my place is a duplex) so whatever
solution I come up with needs to be "renter proof".

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Bob

Most washing machines have lock nuts (jam nuts) on the leveling
screws. If yours lacks these necessities, they can be easily added.
Sometimes an owner in a hurry will forget to tighten locking nuts
down. Check yours and good luck.

Joe