Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,misc.consumers.frugal-living
WDS WDS is offline

Default Stumped on home repair of GFCI circuit all dead after lightrepair

On May 19, 12:19 pm, David Nebenzahl wrote:
In that case (multiple GFCIs in a room), wouldn't it make much more
sense *not* to wire them in series, and just have each outlet protect
itself? What's the point of wiring multiple GFCIs in series?

Cost. A GFCI can cost more than 10x what a "plain" outlet costs.

But, yeah, in a pain to find what's tripping the GFCI sometimes or
even find the blasted thing when one trips. I had an outside socket
go dead and I had to find the wire and trace it to the laundry room to
find where the electrician had hooked it up.