Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Suggestions on 'dumbwaiter design'

Get a Harbor freight cable hoist and make a suitable basket for it to
lift. A hoist with a hook isn't an elevator nor is a cargo basket to be
picked up by that hook. Lift the basket above the second floor deck
height and pull it in with a hook-pole as you lower it back to the deck.

I've had a cable hoist dumb waiter to raise firewood from the basement to
the living room fireplace for 17 years. Work well. inexpensive and easy to
constuct. capacity here is 500 lbs.

a step up. I've used a chain hoist to lower apple bins into the packing line
for 22 years. capacity here is 1000 lbs. You can easily get an even larger
unit.

Karl