Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default I need a little help with finishing (tile) a rough shower stall

On May 19, 8:32 am, jtpr wrote:
I will be finishing a rough shower stall with tile this week. I have
tiled floors before, but never a shower. I'll look around the various
DIY sites, but thought some experts here might have good advice. One
point I'm not clear on is the merge between the backer board and the
basin lip. Do I overlap with backer board or just tile? Won't the
bottom of the backer board bow out if I use it to overlap? Another
question is do I tile all the way out to the edges and hang the door
on the tile, or hang the door first and tile up to it? This is a
small shower stall ~32", but the left wall is 35" as it is in a
corner. I posted pics he

http://picasaweb.google.com/jtpryan/ShowerStall

Any tips or pointers to good example sites appreciated.

Visit the John Bridge tile forums and start your research there. If
you want to save yourself a lot of headache - showers are the most
complicated tiling job - get your hands on Setting Tile by Michael
Byrne put out by the Taunton Press. Your local library will have a
copy or can get one for you.